As the saying goes, “ten people
“Nine hemorrhoids” fully reflects the universality of hemorrhoids. Hemorrhoids refer to the venous clusters formed by congestion, expansion and flexion of the venous plexus under the mucosa of the rectum and under the skin of the anal canal in some people. In daily life, how can we effectively prevent it? What about hemorrhoids?
Maintain healthy eating habits
Nowadays, there are more and more patients with hemorrhoids, mainly because many people’s living habits are not regular and healthy. Some people often stay up late, like to eat spicy and pungent food, and like to smoke and drink. These bad living habits not only have a certain irritation to the skin around the anus, but also cause compression of the veins. Adhering to a healthy lifestyle is an important measure to prevent hemorrhoids.
1. The diet should be light. Keeping the stool smooth can reduce constipation and can effectively prevent hemorrhoids. Patients should eat more vegetables, especially green vegetables containing fiber such as leeks and heart stems, and more fruits such as watermelon, bananas, and oranges. But do not eat durian, lychee, longan, mango and other fruits that help anger.
2. Avoid spicy food. If patients with hemorrhoids like to eat spicy food with strong irritation, such as pepper, garlic, ginger, etc., it can promote hemorrhoids congestion and aggravate the pain.
3. Avoid tobacco and alcohol. Tobacco and alcohol can congest and dilate veins in the anal mucosa, leading to swelling of hemorrhoids. Many patients with hemorrhoids were seen in the outpatient clinic. Hemorrhoids attacked the next day after drinking alcohol the night before.
4. Drink plenty of water. After hemorrhoid patients get up and brush their teeth, remember to drink a cup of warm water to clear and dredge the intestines and stomach, which can make the bowel movement more smooth. Drinking plenty of water can also prevent dry stools and reduce the pain of hemorrhoids. Generally drink at least 8 glasses of water a day, especially in summer and after exercise should be higher. In addition, avoid or drink less alcohol and caffeinated beverages.
5. Avoid overeating. Patients with hemorrhoids should not eat chocolate, fatty meat and other high-calorie, high-fat foods, or uneven hunger and fullness, which can cause endogenous damp and hot phlegm, stagnation of qi and blood, and cause bleeding from hemorrhoids. Especially after overeating, the abdominal pressure increases, which will affect the blood return of the hemorrhoidal veins and aggravate the hemorrhoids.
1. Levator exercise. The levator anus exercise is completed by contracting and relaxing the anus, usually 50 strokes each time, about 3 minutes, 1-2 times a day. Long-term adherence can strengthen blood circulation, reconcile the body’s qi and blood, promote gastrointestinal peristalsis, reduce pelvic congestion, improve hemorrhoids and venous return, and are very effective in preventing hemorrhoids.
2. Exercise reasonably. Patients with hemorrhoids should avoid prolonged sitting and standing for a long time and should actively participate in sports activities. Among them, swimming is the best whole-body exercise. People can exchange breath through water, promote anal muscle movement, improve blood circulation in the anus, and prevent hemorrhoids from occurring.
3. Lift the heel to walk. When a person is walking, once the heel is lifted and the toe is stressed, it will affect the tightening of the anal muscles and relax the left and right buttocks muscles, which can improve the symptoms of hemorrhoids.
Develop good bowel habits
1. Regular defecation at fixed points. This is an important measure to prevent the occurrence of hemorrhoids. It is best to use the “standing reflex” and “stomach colon reflex” to defecate after getting up early in the morning or after breakfast. Thinking of “to defecate” at the same time every day, a pattern can be formed in less than half a month.
2. Defecation time should not be too long. People should not read books or squat for a long time during defecation, but try to shorten the time of defecation. Many busy office workers have the habit of going to the toilet and playing with their mobile phones, even squatting in the toilet for half an hour. As everyone knows, long time to go to the toilet is not only unsanitary, but also squeezes the rectal veins for a long time and induces hemorrhoids.
3. Avoid excessive defecation. When constipation is hard and dry, excessive force during defecation will cause the abdominal pressure to increase rapidly, and the venous plexus will flex and expand, causing hemorrhoids to rupture, anal skin laceration, blood in the stool and pain.
4. Prevent diarrhea. Many bowel movements a day can aggravate hemorrhoids, so patients with constipation should pay attention to prevent diarrhea. When defecation, you can massage your stomach in circular motions from left to right. This is the path from the formation of stool to the discharge. Self massage can improve constipation.
5. Cherish defecation. If you have a bowel movement, you must go to bowel immediately. If it is often delayed because of one thing or another, it will disappear. In addition, people are encouraged to take a sitting posture to defecate, because the squatting posture can easily induce hemorrhoids and even prolapse.
Do anal care
1. The position of the anus is special, it is difficult to keep clean, and it is easy to be oppressed. In order to promote the recovery of hemorrhoid patients, anal care should be done. Specifically, it includes keeping the anus suspended for ventilation when sitting, keeping the anus clean after defecation, and fumigating a sitz bath as prescribed by the doctor.
2. Develop the habit of washing with warm water after each defecation, which is meaningful to prevent the occurrence and development of hemorrhoids. Do not wipe with hard paper after going to the toilet to prevent trauma.